05 October 2011

Feelin' Better

Okay, so yesterday's negativity fest was brought to you by deadline stress! After a good night's rest, I feel a little more like myself. I think the gloomy weather had something to do with it too. I love the fall, but it needs to have sunshine! Today is going to be a better day because I have decided that I am going to make it that way. I only have 700 and some words left to meet my word count and then it's all about the edits and rewrites. This is something that I can handle. I don't work today, so I have the entire day to work on it. The weather outside is still gloomy but that just means that it's the perfect day to spend indoors with a cup of coffee, a few candles lit, some chilled-out house music and my keyboard. Life really is good.  Sometimes I just need to slow down. Breathe. Do yoga. I think that's part of what has had me in an emotional knot. I haven't been able to allow myself to buy a yoga pass, so I haven't done much of it lately. Silly really considering that I have yoga DVDs and a mat at home. I did a DVD yesterday and it felt great to reconnect with my body and my breathe. It's amazing the affects that yoga has on your spiritual self. The physical transformations are merely a bonus of the practice.


One of my goals to accomplish in the next few years is to become a certified yoga instructor. I'd love to be able to share the benefits with others. It would also be a natural progression for me to help deepen my practice, as I have been doing yoga for the past six years. Wow. I can hardly believe that. Sometimes I feel like I've just begun. Other times I master an advanced move and it feels great. Each day is different. You really do just need to take it one day at a time. One moment at a time. One breathe at a time. I think I may need to re-read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. The message of that book is so powerful. Forget the past because it's done and over with. Forget about the future because it hasn't happened yet. Be present with this moment because it's the only moment you have. Live for NOW.


Live now. One breathe at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment