27 September 2011

Trying to Figure It All Out

I guess I've been on a bit of a blogging kick. I really should start my novel again. But alas, I know that I'll get it done. I've kind have been in a weird head space. I'm not too sure what to think of somethings. I am so grateful for all the great people and experiences in my life. There is way more good than bad even if at times it doesn't seem that way. So many people forget about what they have to be grateful for. Dwelling on the negative or the bad that happens is so easy to do and so easy to get caught up in. It's literally a trap. But it is one that you can get out of. There will always be someone who is better off. Better looking. More money. More whatever. But there will also be someone who has less. Comparing yourself to others and wanting and wishing for things that others have is pointless. Jealousy and wallowing get you nowhere. 


Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to having a bad day, a bad week, or whatever. You are entitled to your feelings. And you should feel them. Acknowledge them. Sort through them. But don't dwell on them. If there's something that you can and want to change, do it. If you can't accept it and move on. I know, I know. That is way easier said than done.  Believe me, I know that just as well as the next person. I go through that A LOT. Perhaps it's because I'm an Aquarius. Who knows? I read a couple of quotes about Aquarians that rung a bell and resonated with me.


"An Aquarius heart is too big, too fragile, sometimes too giving too intense, too everything, yet, still awesome."


"When an Aquarius gets really attached, it might be really hard to let the other person go."


These fit me to a tee. I am a true Aquarian. I am proud of it. I like, no love who I am. It took me a long time to get to this point. I know that if you can't truly love yourself, you can't expect anyone else to either. That includes all the good, the bad, the annoying, the embarrassing, everything. Marilyn Monroe once said, "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." She is absolutely right. If someone can't accept you for who you are, then why would you want to be with them? God knows I don't plan to change for anyone. Just like I wouldn't expect someone to change for me. There is an exception to this for sure. And that is, if someone brings out the BEST in you and makes you better as a person. They bring out your good qualities. They improve your life. Then that change is for the good. If someone doesn't bring out the best in you, then maybe it's time to let them go. If they don't add good qualities to you or your life, then you don't need them. Everyone deserves respect and love and happiness. But that should never be dependent on someone else. That has to come from you. 


Why am I say this? Perhaps it's because I need to remind myself of it every once in a while. Sometimes, you really do have to take your own advice. Ugh. Okay, okay. Enough with the verbal diarrhea. I'm out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment