26 September 2011

The Soul of Dance

Dance class tonight! Something to revive my soul! I'm in need of some spiritual repair! Now that things are winding down at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I can relax a bit and live. Not that I am complaining! It'll just be nice to have things slow down a bit. I can take a moment and breathe. Dance is how my soul breathes. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn ATS belly dance. It's an art form that speaks to my soul. Looks and body-type matter not. They are fleeting thoughts that I can literally shimmy and shake out of my head. More importantly though, the beautiful community of dancers, spectators, musicians, and just people in general that you meet are truly wonderful.  My TriDevi Tribal dance partners are like soul-mates. We share a passion and a love for the dance, and that I truly believe helps bring out the best in all of us. Fate certainly has brought us together. Many people don't believe in fate and destiny but I do. Whether there is a higher power or not, my belief is that something or someone out there is watching out for all of us.


There are things in life that we choose and there are things that we don't. This is where all that fate and destiny come in. I chose to try ATS belly dance. It was fate that I met all the awesome people that I have so far. 



When I dance, I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, that is why I dance. 
~ Hans Bos ~ 



The soul of a dancer is always in motion. The motion of emotion. Sadness, happiness, excitement, joy, anger. Passion stems from emotion. A dancer dances based on what they feel. The interpretation of the movement, the music, the audience. There are so many aspects to the soul of a dancer. Complicated yet simple. Stunning. Beautiful. Just like the dancers themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment