13 September 2011

Fundraising and Hip-shaking!

Whew! The past few weeks have been super busy! I'm still interning at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and we are in full swing for the Light the Night Walk. I can definitely say that I love this job. Even though I know it's an internship and not forever, I look forward to it everyday. Learning about all that I have from behind-the-scenes, I can say for certain that the LLS and the Light the Night Walk are worthy causes. What I am not saying is that other causes aren't worthy because they are, but the LLS has a special place in my heart. I know where the funds are going when they come in. Not many places can say that. Sometimes you don't know where your money is going when you are donating it. Or sometimes, you don't know how much of your donation is going to the cause. At the LLS and the Light the Night Walk, ALL funds go back into research and patient care. 


So many people say that they'd rather donate to somewhere like the Canadian Cancer Society, which is fantastic, but by diversifying where your donations go, you can guarantee that your money is headed in the right direction. So diversify people!! And donate! So many places need your help! 


To donate to my cause click this link: http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=210287&langPref=en-CA


The Kaleido Family Arts Festival was this past weekend and it was a blast! The Saturday was gorgeous and there were many people that took part. Sunday has much cooler and kinda rainy, but my dance troupe TriDevi Tribal performed and it was AWESOME! The experience was amazing and the people that turned out seemed to really enjoy the show. TriDevi was constantly complimented by the audience which was lovely. We are definitely looking forward to next year. 


Intermediate level ATS (American Tribal Style) belly dance classes started last night and that was a blast! There is so much to learn and all the ladies in the class are amazing dancers and people. This session is going to ROCK! I'm addicted to the dance and everything that is has to offer. Like one of the girls said last night, "I like to meet new people, and ATS has a way of introducing you to new people. You have an instant friend." It's so true. The entire ATS community and belly dance community in general is such a welcoming place. People from all over the world partake and it's such a fantastic way to celebrate being a woman. All shapes, sizes and ages are welcome and that is what really draws me to it. Looks aren't even a factor and every woman and every body is beautiful and celebrated. That how it should be! 


When I dance, I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, that is why I dance. ~ Hans Bos ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment