09 December 2009

Things I Have Noticed Today

Well what have I noticed? Let's see.
1) I live in Canada. As a Canadian, in the midst of the cold and snow drivers should be cautious while on the road. Duh. But I am not talking about the speeders. I am talking about the people who crawl along the roads. Yes, I do realize that with slippery road conditions you should slow down...BUT not to the point where going too slow is a hazard in itself. Do the limit. Unless it's a blizzard with black ice. In that case, stay home. Otherwise, use your not-so-common sense and drive like a human.
2) If you are in that much of a rush in the morning, DO NOT stop for coffee at a coffee shop. Bitching at the staff like the snarly beast most of us are in the morning, does not a coffee get you. Especially if you want it faster. Don't assume ALL coffee shops have 34464564 people working at a time. Some only have two. Point in case, MY cafe. Helping people who are ordering 23235 at a time through a drive-thru and inside when there are only two people working...tends to slow things down a bit. Oh, and FYI bitching to me about the lack of staff kinda doesn't help. I don't make the schedules, I am just on them. Here's a tip. Leave earlier or make your own coffee. At home.
3) I like people. I truly do. I just can't stand and won't stand for being mistreated by others. And neither should you. So let's do each other a favour and be nice to each other. That goes for taking your bad moods out on me. Unless I caused your crankiness, I don't deserved to be snapped at. I bite back.
4) Life is too short. Let's skip the negativity and be positive. I have come across so many people who should have, and would rightly be allowed to be extremely negative about what life has dealt them. Yet, somehow, they don't wallow in self-pity. Sure they have their moments, but those moments don't over take their lives. Like the song says, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Do it. You'll feel better. Trust me. I speak from experience.
5) Chocolate cures all. Why do women sometimes prefer chocolate to sex? Because chocolate satisfies even after it's gone soft!!!! :)
6) Christmas is near. Have good will towards everyone and everything. You never know who's day you'll brighten with just a smile. If I'm lucky, it could be mine.
7) Live for and in the moment. You can't change the past, nor should you. Relish what you have learned and move on. Seriously. Some people need to do this more than others.
8) I am guilty of the opposite. I worry about the future. Mine mostly but that can influence a lot of people. Guess I need to work on that.
9) I am scared of next month. I have an appointment that is freaking me out. It shouldn't as I know there is most likely nothing wrong, but it still scares me. I have no idea what to expect or what is going to happen. I don't like that. So I am scared.
10) I have rambled enough today. These thoughts splurted out and I sound like a nut. Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment