30 October 2012

NaNoWriMo

Whew! What a whirlwind of a month! Can't believe that October is almost over! I'm slowly getting back into the writing groove. I've challenged myself to take part in NaNoWriMo, which starts in a few short days! What is NaNoWriMo you ask? Well, it's National Novel Writing Month and it starts on November 1st! 
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000-word (approximately 175-page) novel by 11:59:59 PM on November 30.
So that is my goal. Hopefully I'll be able to complete it but I know that the experience itself will be worth it. The time to get serious is now. My dreams won't be achieved if I just sit around dreaming, I need to be doing. Life is too short and this is a fact that I have learned all too well. A great friend of mine who is also a writer is going to be taking part in this challenge with me, so I'll have some support when I feel like tearing my hair out or beating my head against a wall. I am looking forward to this experience though. I know that I am going to learn a great deal about myself as a writer and as a person. So wish me luck! I'll be needing all the support that I can get!





This is SO true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment