16 June 2012

Thank You!

There are so many things to be grateful for in my life and yet I often for get to reflect and actually express my gratitude for them. 

I have amazing parents who have supported me in every endeavour I have ever decided to undertake. From wanting to learn professional wrestling, to world travel, to my post-secondary education, my parents have always been there supporting me and rooting for me no matter how out there my ideas have been. 

I have always had food in my tummy, clothes on my back, and a warm bed to sleep in. That is more than most people.

I have a cute puppy who, although he has been in my life long, he has brought so much joy, laughter, and unconditional love to my life that I can't believe that I was capable of having for another living creature.

My education is something that I am eternally grateful for. It wasn't easy to obtain but what I learned inside and outside the classroom are things that I can take with me through the rest of my life. 


The people that have come into my life and have stayed present, you are my heart and soul. Your caring, love, and support never go unnoticed. Even if I don't say it, I appreciate all of you and love you more than you probably know. 


The people who have come and gone in my life through friendships ending or whatever, you made an impact on me and that won't be forgotten. 


To those that I have lost through deaths, you will always be loved and will always be a part of my soul. I love you.


Life is tragic and yet beautiful at the same time. A friend who I have not yet met (on Facebook) has inspired me to take a moment and reflect on my life and what I have in it to be thankful for. Vale, your beautiful words and inspiring thoughts have resonated through me. Especially in the last week. I have been a mix of emotions and thoughts, and even though I have not met you, your spirit and words have touched my soul deeply. Thank you for that. 


Sometimes we need to hear (or read) things to snap us back to earth. I often live with my head in the clouds, dreaming of what I want in the future and while this is not a bad thing, I do need to be present in the moment. This moment that is happening right now. For it is all that we have. As Eckhart Tolle says, "the past is done, and the future hasn't happened yet. All we have is the Now." This is the truth as I see it. 


So to wrap up these thoughts, I want to say thank you. Thank you to all that have, have been, and have yet to be a part of my life. Thank you for all the good times and all the bad. Both shape who I am and who I have yet to become. Thank you for supporting me and thanks to those who doubt me. Doubts make me stronger and more passionate. Thanks for enabling me to be a go-getter and go after what I want. I don't chase my dreams, I go after them with a club! 


Thank you all! You are my heart and soul!



1 comment:

  1. I am so touched that my words and encouragement mean so much to you. <3 It's a pleasure to know you! - Vale

    ReplyDelete