29 April 2012

16 Days until Tribal Fest!

The road to Tribal Fest is 16 days away! I am so excited! Getting prepared by working out, practising, and listening to our performance songs 'til I drop! Can't believe how fast it's coming up. My troupe members and I are so blessed to have the opportunity to perform on a stage that will host national and international superstars in the belly dance community. I cannot wait for all the workshops that I'm taking. The amount of passion and knowledge for the dance is going to be way off the charts. I hope to soak up as much of it as I possibly can. 


I also want to watch all the performances that I can possibly stand. That is inspiration in itself.


I'm also writing a review of the festival and I am stoked for that as well. Combining my love of writing and dance is probably going to be one of the best things I'll ever write. There's a quote by Jerry Spinelli that says, "the golden rule of writing is to write what you care about. If you care about your topic, you'll do your best writing." I wholeheartedly agree. I more than care about my topic. I'm head over heels in love with it. It's a part of my soul. A part of who I am. 


Here's a video that was shared with me and my fellow dancers. It's embodies everything I believe about dance.






No comments:

Post a Comment