20 March 2012

Addressing an Issue and on to Better Topics!

Been thinking a lot about my writing and the lack of it that I've produced lately. I've been focused on other things as of late. I recently wrote a blog post that garnered the attention of a few people. Some liked it, others were pissed off that I even wrote it. I debated a bit about whether I should remove it from my blog and apologize. I've been back and forth about it. Since I'm not one to back down, I've decided to leave things as is. I've also decided NOT to apologize. I shouldn't have to apologize for how I feel or for voicing it. There is no shame in having an opinion, even if that opinion isn't liked or shared by others. The people I know don't seem to say sorry for how they feel or for voicing it loudly, so neither should I. As I said in the post in question, you may not like what I have to say, but I am not going to be censored into not saying it. I don't like being told what to do. That is trait that I KNOW runs on both sides of my family. As a writer, censorship is something that I know I will fight against and I know my fellow writers will agree. So if you don't like something that I say, let's just agree to disagree, because like everyone else, I am NOT going to be quiet. I may have to ask why people don't want to listen to me, but that same question can be asked of others as well.  


Enough of that subject. 


I am focusing on all the positives in my life. One, I have the best puppy in the world. And yes. That is my opinion! I love him so much and he makes my life better everyday. For that and for him, I am grateful. Abundantly grateful.


Second, there is so much dance goodness happening in the next little while that I almost can't stand it. I also hope that I am ready for it. Dancing is my other passion and I would love to do well at it. I hope to be good at it. Well, I think I am, but there is so much to learn and improve on! So much to do and so little time!
I am grateful for all the things that dance has brought me. Fun, fitness, AMAZING people, stress relief, the list  could go on for days!! Actually, the list does. But I digress! I have lots to get done for said shows, like finish my costume pieces and PRACTICE! So I better get to it!


Did I also mention that in less than two months, I'll be joining thousands of others at Tribal Fest? One of the worlds largest tribal belly dancing festivals? I'm enrolled in many workshops, will be watching a bazillion performances (hopefully being a performer in one!), shopping at the on-site vendors, having a BLAST with my TriDevi Ladies and our fantastical instructor and being a reviewer for all of it! No? Well, I am! So freakin' excited!! Want to know more about this great event? Go to Tribal Fest 2012 for more info! Don't worry, I'll have plenty of updates on my prep for the Fest and what goes on while I am there! Squeee! 


I better get a move on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment