28 January 2012

Release & Perspective

It seems to me that I have been very lax about writing lately. So how can I be a writer if I don't write? That is a good question. One I don't have an answer for. Lots has been going on lately but that should be no excuse. Craving time out for writing has to be a priority. I've got to find a way to make it one. I've just been feeling really tired and burnt out. Getting eight hours of sleep per night has been no problem. I've been getting nine to ten. I've been trying to eat better than I have been lately and I've been getting exercise daily but I just can't seem to relieve myself of this exhaustion. Something has to change and it has to change now. Writing is a huge part of who I am and I need to be able to make time for it. It's still something that I have been struggling with. 


I'm trying not to neglect this blog, as it seems to be my only outlet lately. Well, other than dance. But balance in my life is one thing that I want and I struggle to hang onto it. There is a fine line between sanity and stress. I seem to hover on it. In the past, I'd let the stress consume me. Now, I fight to keep it at a manageable level. I'd be a fool to think that life can be completely stress-free. But some stress can be eliminated, other stress we invite and gladly take on, and the rest just has to be managed day by day.  


Part of what I'm feeling these days is the need to break free from the mundane and live a life extraordinary. Most people, I think, can relate and feel the same. Mostly though, I just want a break. Which I shall be getting in about five days time when I step on a plane to Mexico for one of my best friends' wedding. The beach, the sun, and the sea are just what this girl needs to recharge her soul. That's what I need. To recharge my batteries, get my energy back, and come home refreshed and ready to attack what ever comes my way.  


Guess I just needed to put things into some sort of perspective for myself. Unload my brain and release the holds that all this tension and exhaustion have had on my soul. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. I feel lighter now. My troupe, TriDevi Tribal, is performing at Bedouin Beats tonight and I am excited for that. It will be a great time. So, now I must end this here and get on with my mundane tasks so that I can walk my gorgeous puppy and get ready to shimmy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment