06 March 2010

Light the Night 2010



If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. ~Lance Armstrong


It's that time of year again! I am once again participating in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. This amazing walk raises money for blood cancers. Most people know how close this cause is to my heart. I am so excited to be doing it again. My personal goal is to raise $2,000 - but I want to put a team of at least 10 people together and raise as much as we possibly can. Just think, if there are 10 other people doing this with me, and we each raise $2,000, that would be $20,000 raised just by us! With all of the other people that are participating in this wonderful event think of how much closer we can come to a cure! If we can cure blood cancers, then we are that much closer to curing them all!

So come on everyone! Help me out by donating, or better yet, join my team and let's do this together!



http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=826987&langPref=en-CA



THE CANCER CHANT, I WILL RANT.
A poem contributed by a visitor of Healing Cancer Naturally


Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.
To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's God given will.
To my cancer, these words I do send.
Your life is short and near the end.
(For Lucy & all those fighting cancer)
J Joens, 10/13/05




"Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine. Merriment - it is the sunny side of existence."

- Lord Bryon

No comments:

Post a Comment