02 January 2010

2010

Well it's 2010! Happy New Year! I do realize that I am day late on this bandwagon, but whatever. New year and a new decade to boot. That's kinda cool. I don't do the resolution thing but I do set intentions and I intend to as much as I possibly can this year. What that entails is just me enjoying life. Spending time with friends and family, creating new memories and savouring each bite that life has to offer me. My goal is to have a positive attitude and mindset. I've been talking about things like this a lot lately but I truly do believe that this is the key to happiness. I once read a quote that said:
Our attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?

I totally agree with it. If my attitude is positive, then hopefully others will catch it and incorporate this way of thinking into their lives as well. I guess if that's a resolution, then I am resolving to be a ray of light in someone's day. Corny, I know. But it's true nonetheless. I am inspired by those around me that have worse things going on in their lives than I do. These people will remain nameless, but it's the strength that they exhibit each day. Don't get me wrong, they have moments where they don't feel particularly like being strong or fighting their daily battles, but to me just the fact that they fight them is inspiration enough.

A toast to 2010...May this year be all that you can make of it. Enjoy life. Live. Laugh. Love. Believe.

The past is gone, the future isn't here yet. Live in the now. Now is all that you can control. What are you doing to make yours worthwhile?

No comments:

Post a Comment